Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Why Get Organized? It’s All in the Numbers.
• We only use 20% of our belongings 80% of the time! This includes clothes, household items and paper we’ve filed. That means most of the stuff in our homes goes unused consistently. (Source: NAPO.net)
• Getting rid of excess clutter can eliminate 40% of housework in the average home. Who wouldn’t like to have less housework? (Source: National Soap and Detergent Association)
• The average American burns 55 minutes a day looking for things they know they own but cannot find. That’s over 6 hours a week, 28 hours a month or 341 hours a year! Sounds like a problem to me! (Source: Boston Marketing Firm)
• 25% of people with two-car garages don’t park any cars in there and 32% parked only one. Your car is probably your biggest investment outside of your house and instead of putting it the garage you are storing “stuff” in there. (Source: US Department of Energy)
• 23% of adults say they pay bills late (& thus incur fees) because they lose them. Can you afford to throw that money away? (Source: Harris Interactive)
• 80% of household clutter is the result of disorganization, not lack of space. Decluttering and organizing will give you a better living space and a better life.(Source: National Soap and Detergent Association)
Small changes can lead to big results when it comes to organizing your home, your office and your life. Why not try one today?